Have you recently purchased an LG smart TV and wanted to know how to install 3rd party apps on it? If yes then you are in the right place, In this post, we will be discussing How you can easily install 3rd party apps on LG smart TV. Just like our smartphones, Smart TVs also have Operating systems to manage all the things. The best part of smart TV is that you don’t need to connect to any additional box-like Roku, firestick, etc.
Although streaming content on a smart TV is not that much easy, However, you can do it by installing third-party apps on it, LG smart TV is not based on android, It is based on WebOS, So it’s better to install apps which are supported by HDMI and company. But you don’t have to worry, you can use third-party apps on your LG smart TV, So let’s get straight into it.
How to Install and Use Third-party Apps On LG smart Tv?
There are 4 methods of installing third-party apps on your LG smart TV. Let’s discuss them one by one.
Method 1: By using the Fire TV stick
- Firstly, you have to connect your USB with Firestick, Connect one end of the cable with an adapter, and the other one with Firestick.
- After this, you have to connect your Firestick with the HDMI port of your LG TV.
- In the third step, you have to connect your Firestick with the TV, to do so you have to Open your TV and select the HDMI mode.
- After that, you have to turn On your Firestick, In order to connect with your TV.
- Then you have to open the firefox browser in your LG TV and download the file of all the apps that you want to be installed on your Tv.
- NOTE: Before Installing all the apps in your Firestick, It is essential to turn ON your ADB debugging.
- In this way, you can install any app and enjoy it on LG TV.
Method 2: Secret Trick
The apps that will be available on the LG store will depend on your country. So If you will change your Country then You can easily install third-party apps on your LG Tv. Don’t worry You don’t need to re-setup your TV, You can easily install third-party apps on your TV by hanging your Service Location, To do so follow the below-given steps:
- Firstly you have open general settings on your LG smart TV.
- After opening general settings, you’ll find the location options.
- Click on the location option to continue.
- After clicking on the location you’ll find two options one is LG services country and the other one is broadcast country, I am telling you because you can easily install third-party apps using the broadcast country options.
- Then you have to click on the Broadcast country option and choose the location according to your needs, Suppose If you want to use an American app then you can select the United States from there.
- After choosing your country, you have to click on YES.
- After clicking Yes, the TV will close and will open again.
- Then you have to tap the Home/start button.
- After clicking you’ll see a pop-up menu will appear on your screen, you have to tap on the agree button.
- Then the LG store will be opened, you can search for the app which you wanted to install.
- After installing the app you have to again press the Home/start button.
- Now you have to tap on the broadcast services option and select your country.
- After that, again your LG smart TV will ask to accept terms and conditions.
- Then you’ll find the app on your HOme screen.
- Update your app and enjoy it!
NOTE: We are not sure that this hack will work on your TV or not. In some cases, some apps work and some don’t, It happens because The app checks the IP address before Installing, Thinking of using a VPN? Surely, there are many VPN services available that help you to hide your IP address whenever you are using it.
How to Add Apps In your LG smart TV?
If you want to add apps on your LG smart TV then you can follow the below-given methods:
Method 3:web OS
NOTE: Before trying this method you have to check which OS works on your system, If Web OS works on your LG TV then you can try this otherwise you can try method 3.
- In the first step, you have to open the Home Menu on your TV, to do so, you have to press the home/quick button on your remote.
- After that, you have to click on the More apps button( It is located at the bottom of the Menu).
- Then you have to open the LG content store. ( You have to choose premium).
- After choosing the premium option, you’ll see various columns like games, Live Tv, etc.
- Then you have to open the LG store on your TV.
- After opening, You have to search for the app which you need to install. ( You can also search for the app in the search window).
- Then as usual you have to click on Install.
- After installing the app, you’ll see that app on your TV’s Home screen.
- Launch App and enjoy it.
Method 4: Using Netcast
If you are a havingNetcast system on your TV then you can try this method.
- The first step is the same, You have to open the Home menu.
- Select premium selection on it.
- After this, you’ll see the premium option will close and give you multiple options to choose from.
- Then you have to search for your favorite app in the search window.
- After that, you have to click on Install.
- Then your app will be downloaded, you have to tap on the launch app option.
NOTE: You don’t have to worry about app updates, If there will be any updates TV will automatically update it.
How to Uninstall Apps on your LG smart TV?
If you feel like you don’t want to use an app anymore on your LG smart TV then you can follow the below-given steps:
- Firstly, you have access to the edit mode on your TV.
- You can easily find the edit button by pressing the buttons of your remote.
- After that, you have to tap and select the X option from the app’s title to uninstall the app.
- When you click on the button, Your TV might ask for permission to delete, you have to tap on the YES option If such a thing appears.
- Hurray! Your app will be deleted.
FAQs ( Frequently Asked Questions)
Does LG TV have a play store?
LG TV only supports Web OS plans and Google video play store Content.
Which Apps are Available on LG smart TV?
There are lots of apps available on LG Smart TV, Some of the most popular apps available on LG smart TV includes youtube, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, and much more.
Although LG smart TV only supports apps which are installed by WebOS only, However, you can install third-party apps by using our methods, I hope that this article solved your problem, And plz share this with your friends too so that they can also install third-party apps and enjoy. If you have any queries regarding it, you can freely ask me in the comment section.